In our educational series Profiles in Healthcare Leadership, Compass Clinical Consulting shares unique approaches for running successful hospitals.
Our third Profile features Maureen Bisognano, CEO of The Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI). Ms. Bisognano was named one of “The Top 25 Women in Healthcare for 2011” by Modern Healthcare Magazine, is a prominent authority on improving healthcare systems, and advises healthcare leaders around the world. She is also a frequent speaker at major healthcare conferences on quality improvement and is an Instructor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School.
In this Profile in Healthcare Leadership, “Building the Will to Quality Care,” Maureen Bisognano shares practical and aspirational concepts about Board leadership and engagement to help drive a healthcare organization’s progress to dramatically improve quality care and outcomes. Ms. Bisognano reveals unique ways healthcare leaders can radically improve, or even revolutionize, the current healthcare delivery system by;
- Getting the Board on Board – great things happen when the Board gets intimately involved in the quality care of patients
- Discovering the patient journey – the complexity, processes, problems, and opportunities
- Having the courage to talk about the human impact of mistakes and complications
- Understanding how values-based decision-making is the foundation of quality
- Will, new ideas, and exquisite execution – the three things absolutely necessary to improve quality of healthcare.
“Changing and improving healthcare all starts with will—the will to seek out and act on new ideas; the will to be values-based decision-makers; the will to close the knowledge gap between the front office and the front line; the will for exquisite, flawless execution; the will to discover the patient’s journey. The will to quality care.” – Maureen Bisognano, CEO, The Institute for Healthcare Improvement.
Please fill out the registration form on the right to download your copy of ”Building the Will to Quality Care.”