A patient handoff (also known as transitioning) is both the act of passing a patient between caregivers and the information exchanged between the sender (the provider giving away the patient) and the receiver (the provider taking the patient).These transfers can be as dramatic as airlifting a patient to a specialty hospital and telling the EMTs that the patient thinks she can fly and will try to jump out of the helicopter, or as mundane as a nurse ending her shift and telling her replacement the patient has been taken off a certain medicin
Page 1 of 11
We have helped hospitals, health systems, and other healthcare organizations improve performance and overcome obstacles to providing safe, quality patient care since 1979.
Compass Clinical Consulting
2181 Victory Parkway Ste 200
Cincinnati, Ohio 45206
- FAQs: Sexual Harassment and Hostile Work Environments in Hospitals
- Recognizing Nurses Week 2018
- Becker’s Healthcare: 2018 list of 100 great hospitals in America
- TJC Issues Sentinel Event Alert 59 on Physical and Verbal Violence Against Healthcare Workers
- More Leadership Rounds, Fewer HAIs in Hospitals?
- Sexual Harassment: Taking on the Imbalance of Power in the Healthcare Setting
- TJC Aggregates Sentinel Event Data