A patient handoff (also known as transitioning) is both the act of passing a patient between caregivers and the information exchanged between the sender (the provider giving away the patient) and the receiver (the provider taking the patient).These transfers can be as dramatic as airlifting a patient to a specialty hospital and telling the EMTs that the patient thinks she can fly and will try to jump out of the helicopter, or as mundane as a nurse ending her shift and telling her replacement the patient has been taken off a certain medicin
Page 1 of 11
We help hospitals and health systems, and other healthcare organizations improve performance and overcome obstacles to providing safe, quality patient care.
Compass Clinical Consulting
100 E. RiverCenter Blvd, Suite 100
Covington, KY 41011
- The 90-Minute Life Safety Code Document Review
- CMS Announces Increased Oversight of Accrediting Organizations
- Does your Moderate Sedation Program measure up to the standards?
- Tabitha Garbart, DNP, RN, Joins Compass Clinical
- Life Safety Code Deficiencies: Is There Low-Hanging Fruit in Your Hospital?
- Eight Steps to A Successful Medicare Deficiency Follow-Up Survey
- Ken Blackwell, LSCS, CHSP, Joins Compass Clinical Consulting